Woodside King's Mountain Half Marathon & 5 Mile™ ENTRANT LETTER
Congratulations on your entry in the 23rd annual WOODSIDE KING’S
MOUNTAIN HALF MARATHON & 5 MILE scheduled for Saturday, March 2, 2013.
You’ve signed up for a challenging and beautiful run along the singletrack
trails and fire roads in San Mateo County’s Huddart Park. Come prepared to enjoy
a gorgeous outing!
RACE DAY ITINERARY
- ATHLETE CHECK-IN & RACEDAY REGISTRATION will be held from 8:00 to 8:50 am in the East Meadow Picnic Area.
(If you’re pre-registered and have your bib number, there’s no need to check in; you’re ready to run! We will have safety pins
available for you.)
- Online registration is still available for this event, so bring your friends along!
- Race day entry fees are: 5 Mile: $45, Half Marathon: $55, Youth (17 & under): $10
- There is a $6-per-vehicle Huddart Park entrance fee.
- Pre-race briefing will be held at 8:50 am.
- Anticipated race start time is 9:00 am.
- No formal awards ceremony on raceday. Personalized ribbons will be mailed to top-three finishers in 5-year age groups a few weeks
following the event.
- Results will be posted at
www.envirosports.com within 24 hours of the event.
- Stay and enjoy our spread of post-race snacks.
- Don’t forget to pack a picnic to enjoy Huddart Park after the race!
- Course will be marked with orange ribbon.
- The HALF MARATHON climbs approximately 1,800 feet to the turn-around aid station, located just shy of the
ridge top and stocked with food, sports drink and water.
- The 5-MILE is also an out-and-back, turning around partway along the course.
- Both routes are uphill on the way
out and downhill on the way back.
- The course map is available at our website. Printed maps will also be available on race day.
- We highly recommend that you carry water.
- There is a 3-hour course-wide cutoff; for Half Marathoners, this reflects a 13:45-per-mile pace.
- Sorry, NO DOGS allowed on the trails.
- For your safety and Envirotainment, HEADPHONES ARE NOT ALLOWED during this timed running event. Runners
wearing headphones will be DQ’d.
Take the Woodside Exit (Hwy. 84) off of I-280. Continue west on Hwy. 84 (Please observe the 25 mph speed
limit and share the road; this is a cyclist-friendly town). Turn right on King’s Mountain Road and continue approximately two miles to Huddart Park.
There is $6 per vehicle park entrance fee. Drive all the way to the bottom of the park to the large parking area on the right. We will meet in the East
Meadow picnic area.