Death Valley Marathon™, Half Marathon™ & 10K™ - 16th Annual
|Distances: 26.2, 13.1 & 6.2 miles
Sat Feb 1 2014
Start time: 8:00am
Cutoff time: 6 hours
Half Marathon: $75 (Adult)
Half Youth (17 & Under): $40
10K: $45 (Adult)
10K Youth (17 & Under): $25
|Dec 1 2013
All Adult entry fees go up $10
Jan 1 2014
Last day for rollover credits
T-shirt for all participants.
Medals to all Full Marathon and Half Marathon finishers.
Personalized award plaques to 1st place individual finishers, male and female, in each 5-year age group in the Marathon and Half Marathon, as well as the overall male and female winners of the 10K.
Personalized award ribbons to 2nd and 3rd place individual finishers in the marathon and half marathon, and the top 3 finishers in the 10K, male and female, in each 5-year age group.
|Enjoy an out-and-back relatively flat course (fewer than 500 feet of climbing and descending). You'll admire the beauty of the surrounding desert as you follow this paved run from Furnace Creek Ranch along Hwy. 190 through the heart of Death Valley National Park. The entire course is below sea level with fantastic vistas of the surrounding mountain ranges: the Panamints, the Funerals, the Cottonwoods, the Blacks and the Grapevines. Your immediate surroundings are the exotic flora and fauna found only on the desert floor. This is probably one of the most unique courses you could pick for your next race. The desert is beautiful this time of year with mild temperatures; lows range between 30 and 40 degrees and highs hit the low 70s. Consider this the most unique way to qualify for the Boston Marathon. The course is USATF certified (Certification code: CA13003DCR). You can view the USATF Course Certification online here (search for "Death Valley"). NOTE: After a 12-year history of taking place in early December, this event has been moved to this February date. The Death Valley Marathon™, the Death Valley Half Marathon™ and the Death Valley 10K™ are trademarks of Enviro-Sports.
This event has been permitted by the National Park Service and WILL be taking place.
Click Here to confirm your registration or amend your registration details.
You will pick up bib numbers on race day morning during Athlete Check-in at the Corkscrew Saloon in Furnace Creek . Details on this check-in and all other race day details will be discussed in the ENTRANT NEWSLETTER, which will be e-mailed to all registered participants about two to three weeks prior to race day as well as posted online here. If you did not supply a valid e-mail address when you registered, or if your e-mail address has changed, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
will be located approximately every 3 miles. Aid stations will be stocked with water, Gatorade, sports bars, bananas and a variety of sweet and salty snacks. We highly recommend that you carry water and any of your preferred nutritional aids with you.
*There is a 6-hour course wide cutoff; for marathoners, this is approximately a 13:45-per-mile pace.
*All courses are out-and-back along Hwy 190 through the heart of Death Valley.
*All races start and finish at the Furnace Creek Ranch.
* The Death Valley 10K™ turnaround is at 3.1 miles the Death Valley Half Marathon™ turnaround is at 6.5 miles and the Death Valley Marathon™ turns around at 13.1 miles.
* The entire course is below sea level, completely surrounded by desert wilderness and boasts panoramic vistas of the mountains surrounding Death Valley.
* Although the road is not closed to traffic, we ask that you discourage your family and friends from driving along the route. This has caused problems in the past and may jeopardize the future of this event.
* NO HEADPHONES! Runners wearing headphones will be disqualified.
* NO PERSONAL SUPPORT! Your friends and family members may not drive along the course during the event - not to provide support, not to take your photo, not even to watch/cheer. We're sorry, but vehicles carrying spectators end up leap-frogging the same group of runners for the entirety of their run. No one wants to dodge cars and eat dust for 26 miles. Runners who are linked to vehicles along the route will be disqualified.
Travel and Accommodations
Furnace Creek Ranch & Inn (Event HQ Hotel) 760-786-2345
Highway 190, Death Valley, CA 92328
Hotel reservations must be made by phone (760-786-2345) at least one month (by Dec 31, 2013) in advance to receive group rate (Book your rooms early – they sell out well in advance!):
* For our Group Rate use booking number 619200 for rooms at the Furnace Creek Ranch ($140/night)
* For our Group Rate use booking number 619450 for rooms at the Furnace Creek Inn ($265/night)
Stovepipe Wells Village 760-786-2387
25 miles from Athlete Check-in at Furnace Creek
No Group Rate
Beatty Hotels (Beatty Chamber of Commerce) 775-553-2424
40 miles from Athlete Check-in at Furnace Creek
No Group Rates
Death Valley National Park 760-786-2331
Las Vegas McCarran International Airport 760-786-2331
From Las Vegas (2.5 hours): Take I-15 South and turn West on Hwy. 160 to Pahrump. (DO NOT turn left towards Shoshone at Hwy 372.) Continue on Hwy. 160 approx. 3 miles to Belle Vista Rd. Follow signs to Death Valley.
From the San Francisco Bay Area (9 hours): Take I-5 South to Bakersfield. Exit Hwy. 58 East to Mojave. Take Hwy. 14 North to Hwy 395. Take 395 North to Olancha. Take 190 East into Death Valley.
From L.A. (5-6 hours): Take Hwy. 14 through Palmdale, Lancaster and Mojave. Take Hwy 14 North to Hwy. 395. Take 395 North to Olancha. Take 190 East into Death Valley.
From San Diego: Take I-15 East to Baker. Turn North on Hwy. 127 to Death Valley Junction. Take Hwy 190 into Death Valley.
Beatty High School Student Organizations